Fine Art Lifestyle and Wedding Portraits serving Massachusetts, New England and Beyond!!!

Welcome to our blogspot! We hope to create inspiring images that are unique and capture the happiest moments of life. Don't forget to check out the website for more info......

www.riamackenziephotography.com

and find us on facebook....

facebook page




Thursday, September 8, 2011

Images of Hope.

I recently met some remarkable women who are battling cancer.  They gathered at Quincy Medical on a summer evening to share their stories of hope.  It was a quick informal get-together of small talk mixed with conversations of chemo treatments and emotional roller coaster experiences.  Life is one giant roller coaster of happiness, sadness, sickness and health.  I can't even relate to the feeling of being faced with cancer, but the thought of it puts a humongous pit in my stomach. This very night that I met these women, I did not really hear their entire story.  I could only catch small glimpses of their lives through the camera.  I could of asked more questions, but their feelings were captured in moments of silence, laughter, and the hope that resides.  

A big thanks to Jen (Oncology Nurse Navigator at Quincy Medical), for having me photograph these wonderful women, and a huge thanks to the women for sharing their story and participating at the event.


 
 



 





No comments: