Fine Art Lifestyle and Wedding Portraits serving Massachusetts, New England and Beyond!!!

Welcome to our blogspot! We hope to create inspiring images that are unique and capture the happiest moments of life. Don't forget to check out the website for more info......

www.riamackenziephotography.com

and find us on facebook....

facebook page




Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Seize the moment: Jen & Kevin's Engagement.





"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly."


     Jen and Kevin had a nice dose of planes, trains and automobiles for their session.  Why not?  We even managed to squeeze in some steel yard pictures.  We snagged every golden opportunity we could for their session, even with some strong winds and a little lady climbing around in heels! 
     I know this much about Jen and Kevin's love:   not only do they have they built a beautiful home together, have a few dogs, and both work in education, but they started their relationship at a very young age.  Years passed, life happens, and here they are in love, engaged, and planning their destination wedding.  I don't know the details of their love life and how it actually happened, but I know that they seem to be seizing every opportunity of happiness with each other.  I know that couples who are truly in love and have found their life partner, have seized some kind of moment just to be together.  
    Have you had a moment like this?  A moment that sticks with you forever and changes everything?  I can definitely say that I have. I waited most of my life waiting for something outrageously romantic to happen.  I tried forcing previous boyfriends to be who I wanted them to be, and pushed them to act the way I envisioned a perfect gentleman should act.  I fought, cried, broke hearts and had my heart broken before I found my true match. 
   A few years ago, I had moved to Florida and lived there for months missing my friend.  Every time I returned to Boston I felt more connected to him and every time I left him I missed him even more.  We intuitively knew how we felt for each other, but circumstances did not make it easy for us to come clean about them.  Then came our moment of honesty.  It took a good two year solid friendship with a lot of laughs, a lot of truths about who we were and who we've become, a lot of meals together, dancing, and a lot of talk about where we want to be in life, to figure out that we were in love.  One night when we were having a casual conversation and daydreaming about a living a simple island life in a bungalow.  I mentioned that we could catch fish and eat coconuts and pineapple.  He added in that we could sleep on hammocks next to a fire every night.  Moments of silence in between what most people may find the corniest conversation they would ever hear.  Anyways, this was the the small conversation that ended up being the biggest moment we both seized.  The moment of truth and reality.  The very moment we knew that we would make each other the happiest we could ever be.  We knew our lives were going to change for the better and that we would love each other more than just friends.  It all started with this question, "Can we be honest with each other?" 
   Fast forward....Bobby and I are still a happy couple.  We still have slight arguments to say the least, but one rule we stand be is to "never go to bed angry".  It works.  
   It makes us happy to see other couples, like Jen and Kevin, seizing their moments of happiness. Whether we only get to see a glimpse of it at their photo session, or hear a few of their stories over a dinner at Stoneforge, we know that they make each other truly happy.  







No comments: