Fine Art Lifestyle and Wedding Portraits serving Massachusetts, New England and Beyond!!!

Welcome to our blogspot! We hope to create inspiring images that are unique and capture the happiest moments of life. Don't forget to check out the website for more info......

www.riamackenziephotography.com

and find us on facebook....

facebook page




Thursday, March 7, 2013

Frozen Memories.


     Okay, it's March and you are probably wondering why I haven't blogged any weddings or sessions from the end of last year.  It was my busiest season ever and was filled with couples whose love inspired me, gorgeous wedding, sweet little babies, happy kids, and wonderful families.  The fall season into the holiday season was a fast-paced and exciting blur for me.   I've had the pleasure of capturing so many different stories and it saddens me that I was too burnt out to share all the loveliness.  I also blame it on the fact that I didn't have a lot of energy my first trimester.   I'm really just being honest and I hope that people reading this don't think that it's because of a lack of passion or plain laziness. I genuinely love what I do and I am so honored and appreciative of everyone that has hired me to be their photographer.  I vowed not to do anything that I didn't feel 100% passionate about pretty much after Bobby and I confessed our undying love for one another (my close friends and family will attest to this fact).  I am pretty obsessed with making portraits and know that pictures hold so much importance.  It makes me happy to capture moments for people.  Pictures freeze time and lock in all the memories and feelings of one small moment.  That is one of the most gratifying parts of my job.  I love how one image can remind us of all the emotions we felt during a certain time and how multiple images can retell a whole story.

     So before I share weddings and more sessions, I need to do something for myself.  Time passes too quickly and I need to always remember this funny little three year old that started loving to dress himself.  Among his many hobbies and likenesses, he started loving compasses and carabiners and chose to wear these things on his belt loop.  He loves anything that reminds him of hiking and outdoor adventures.  He's also a kid that only wants to wear jeans "like Daddy", and on this day he wore a belt like his dad.  He's a three year old that knows what he wants quickly, always listens, is cautious, worries for others already, and is growing up way too fast!!

     These pictures are from October 2012 on one of the last warmer days of the year.  We stopped by a old diner on the way to run errands and he got a kick out of the place.  Being the inquisitive kid that he is he asked, "Why are the windows broken?".  He saw a red sign with a giant X and asked, "Is this an old train station?".  He told me over and over again that he wouldn't want to eat at this diner yet he didn't want to leave.  Maybe because it was fun looking at all the debri on the ground.  Maybe because the building was his favorite color.  Or maybe because he enjoyed watching all the cars drive by.  He still laughs when we pass this place and reminds me of this very day.  All because he so willingly let me take his picture on this day that he dressed himself, I get to keep his three year old spirit locked in my heart forever. 




     Now I'm ready to dedicate myself to sharing more images and memories! Some old and some new. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Danielle Harrison said...

He is so handsome Ria! Great pics!

Unknown said...

My sweet, sweet Landon! These are really great pictures! He is such a handsome boy.

And my sweet, sweet darling baby daughter. You are one of a kind. A gift of love. I thank our Lord for you everyday. I am the luckiest mother of all to have been blessed with a lovely daughter. Time can not be frozen and you have the most precious way of freezing time for other people. God has gifted you with the power to freeze wonderful memories and you do it so well. I can see you now, traveling and freezing time for the world. DREAM BIG my sweet daughter. Always remember the gift is within you. Use it wisely always. I love you forever. Mom