Fine Art Lifestyle and Wedding Portraits serving Massachusetts, New England and Beyond!!!

Welcome to our blogspot! We hope to create inspiring images that are unique and capture the happiest moments of life. Don't forget to check out the website for more info......

www.riamackenziephotography.com

and find us on facebook....

facebook page




Thursday, November 10, 2011

Concord Bound: Teryn & Mike's Engagement.

     I have to admit that I get a little nervous meeting couples for the first time.  The day of Teryn and Mike's shoot, I had my family come up and enjoy the day in Concord.  Not just Bobby, Landon and I, but also my sister in-law, brother in-law and our nephew.  I usually arrive at a location by myself and have time to think about details and go over poses in my head.  Maybe having my family around had me thinking that my mind wasn't in the right place for a shoot.  I glanced over the crowd of people at the Old North Bridge wondering which couple was Teryn and Mike.  Wondering if they thought my family was going to hang around and watch them get romantic for their portraits.  Wondering if they would be the type of couple to relax and enjoy their portrait session amongst  passer byers.   Wondering if they would think I was crazy after this shoot.

     So there I was scanning everyone walking towards us.  I find this tactic much better than contacting couples and asking what they look like. "Is that them or is it those two over there?  Hmmm...maybe it's them."  Then I spot a young couple hand-in-hand.  The guy has a black back-pack on one shoulder, the girl holding a nubby teal blanket, and they are casually coordinated.  In my head I quickly think, "I hope it's that couple.  They're cute. They look nice."  They both flash me a big smile and I know that it's Teryn and Mike.  I'm relieved and I don't even have to act that bubbly out of nervousness. We introduce each other, they meet my entire family, my family leaves and then the shoot begins.  When the shoot ends, I feel like I've strangely known them for a few years.  They reminded me of some of our friends.  I liked how they teased each other lightly and then snuggled up right afterwards.  I also liked the fact that they went out and rented a car to exit Boston and have their portraits done in Concord.  I called Bobby right away to tell him how great they are and how awesome it's going to be photographing their bed and breakfast wedding next year. 


    
    


No comments: